Thursday, February 26, 2009

GRADUATION, ARGH!

So, I finally found some time to post!

+ There's Papyrus on Northside that has lots of pretty feeling paper. I used to go in there and touch the paper and stationery in my free time. And no, that's not lame at all. :P

+As far as fonts, for as long as I can remember, I've used dafont.com for all my free fonts! There are so many. It's hard to choose unless I have an idea of what kind of feel the announcements are going to have. I like a lot of these calligraphy fonts. Bah, so many to go through. What kind of feel are we going for with the announcements?

+ Copy. I've been looking on sites and stuff that do announcements. Seems the essential information for all of them is:
  • Graduate's name
  • University name
  • Degree (Bachelor of Arts/Sciences...)
  • Major(s)
  • Date of graduation
  • Location of graduation & time
Using an online form, this is a sample copy of what might be inside:

The Chancellor, the Faculty
and
The Graduating Class
of
The University of California, Berkeley
Announce the Graduation of
Amy Sumie Hanoa
on
Friday, the Twenty-Second of May
Two Thousand Nine
with a
Bachelor of Arts Degree in
Mass Communications
Commencement Ceremonies will be held at
The Hearst Greek Theatre

But that's just one option. Any other ideas for copy?

No comments:

Post a Comment